Communication/Public Information Office
The Communications / Office of Public Information is committed to facilitating superior communication within the district and the community. The department recognizes its responsibility to take a leadership role in educational stewardship by promoting community awareness, initiating participation and increasing community involvement.
Public Information Requests under the Public Information Act
If you have a request for open records, please print the form below and return to FISD
by fax: 281-281-996-2513
email ([email protected])
or in person at 302 Laurel Drive.
For information about the Public Information Act.
– In the event of an emergency, the public will be notified through the Parent/Staff access provided by the district (aka Skyward). Please register with your campus registrar.
– Emergency information and updates are also available via the web. www.myfisd.com – The website will be continuously updated when more news or updates are available.
News and Publications:
– The eLOOK – an electronic newsletter for staff and community that comes out weekly and is sent to all who subscribe.
Sign Up to receive the FISD eLOOK
– Board Reports– an electronic summary of actions by the Friendswood Independent School District Board of Trustees
– What’s Happening in Friendswood Independent School District – news and information online located at the website www. myfisd.com
– Providing coverage for the Houston Chronicle, Friendswood Reporter News, Friendswood Journal and the Education page in the Galveston Daily News.
Advertising with the District