Juniors and seniors are encouraged to visit the college of their choice on the days scheduled for teacher in-service. Juniors and seniors may use a maximum of two days, to be used prior to the last day of April, for the purpose of visiting college administrators or campus personnel only. Students must provide official documentation from the university stating the purpose of the visit and the signature of the campus representative upon return. Permission must be obtained from the high school principal, and each of his/her classroom teachers, one week before the day of the scheduled visit. If the student does not meet all of these requirements, the absence will count towards the excessive absence policy and the exemption policy.
Students should follow these procedures:
● Set up an appointment with college administrator or campus personnel
● Obtain college day form from Principal's office
● Complete form, obtain signatures
● Return completed form to Principal's office one week before a scheduled visit
● While visiting campus, obtain official documentation from the university stating the purpose of the visit and the signature of the campus representative
● On the first day, you return to FHS, official documentation of your visit must be turned to the Principal's office.
The deadline for taking college days is May 1.