This page periodically updates with information you will need to know for graduation.
Date & Location
June 3, 2017 @ 2 pm
* Seniors should report to the graduation site by 12:30 pm.
Don Coleman Community Coliseum
1050 N Dairy Ashford Rd, Houston, TX 77077
Phone: (281) 560-7651
Balfour sells only the following cords:
Honor Graduates (Top 10%) – Blue & White
National Distinguished Achievement Plan – Gold
National English Honor Society – Blue & Gold
Spanish National Honor Society – Red
French Honor Society – Red & Gold
Latin Honor Society – Purple & Gold
Mu Alpha Theta – Purple
Thespians – Light Blue
Interact Service Program – Yellow & Blue
All other honor cords are purchased through the organization sponsor.
If you still have not picked up your cap and gown, or purchased honor cords, you may do so in Principal Griffon’s office.
Forms You Will Need
From the Administration
To: Parents of Seniors
From: Mark Griffon
Re: Schedule of Commencement Activities and Important Dates for Seniors
Download the complete letter from the Administration
Senior Portraits: All proofs are posted on Chadwick Photography’s website www.chadwickphoto.com. Session ID numbers can be found on the FHS website, Seniors 2017 page. http://myfisd.com/hs/mustang-matters/senior-class/.
April 26, Wednesday-Lunch: Balfour will distribute caps and gowns. If you have not ordered your cap & gown, please do so promptly. Order on-line at www.balfourgrad.com. The cap and gown order covers a souvenir class stole, gown, cap and tassel. Additional tassels are $10.95, plus tax each. Honor Cords can be purchased for $10 on Wednesday, April 26, when you pick up your cap and gown. You will receive your stole at graduation.May 24, Wednesday: Rehearsal for the commencement exercises will be held in the Auditorium during an assembly schedule. All seniors must be present if they plan to participate in the commencement exercises. This is a very important date; please mark it on your calendar today.
• National Distinguished Achievement Plan
with World Language – Gold
• National English Honor Society – Blue & Gold
• Spanish National Honor Society – Red
• French Honor Society – Red & Gold
• Latin Honor Society – Purple & Gold
• Mu Alpha Theta – Purple
• Thespians – Light Blue
• Interact Service Program – Yellow & Blue
• National Honor Society – White Collar*
• National Art Honor Society – Rainbow*
• National BPA – Navy & Red*
• National Forensic League – Red, White, & Blue*
• National Technical Honor Society – Purple & Silver*
• Academic Decathlon – Red, Silver & Blue*
• German Honor Society – Black, Red, & Gold*
• Quill & Scroll Journalism Honor Society – Blue&Gold*
• Project Lead The Way – Orange*
• Tri M Music Honor Society – Pink*
*Ordered by sponsor
**Blue and White honor cords for honor graduates will be available for purchase after the top 10 percent of the senior class has been announced. The same will apply for the hoods for the Valedictorian and the Salutatorian.
More Dates to Remember
May 21, Sunday: Senior class pictures: Seniors should report to the Girls Gym, in your cap and gown, at 3:30 pm for the 2017 Class and 12-Year Senior pictures. A community motivational program will follow in Dr. Myrlene Kennedy Auditorium at 4 pm. Student attendance is optional. May 24, Wednesday: Rehearsal for the commencement exercises will be held in the Auditorium during an assembly schedule. All seniors must be present if they plan to participate in the commencement exercises. This is a very important date; please mark it on your calendar today.
June 3, Saturday: Commencement – Don Coleman Community Coliseum. Doors open to the public and students arrive at 12:30 pm; program begins at promptly 2 pm.
Dates of Interest
• Deadline to take College visit – May 1 Forms located in Principal Griffon’s office (pick up prior to visit)
• Academic Banquet – May 4 at South Shore Harbour
• Senior Field Day – May 19 at Stevenson Park
• SR Class Picture – May 21 in Girls Gym
• Senior Scholarship Award Night – May 25 in Dr. Myrlene Kennedy Auditorium
• Junior-Senior Prom – May 27 at Moody Gardens
• Finals – May
25, 26, 30, 31