Dual Credit Parent Information Meeting - February 5 at 6:30 pm
Character Trait of the Month
Character Quote of the Month
: Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.
. - Cicero
• Academic Counseling
• Assist in Scholarship Searches
• Care Team (Student Support Team)
• College Recommendations
• Facilitate Small Student Support Groups
• Four-Year High School Planning
• Individual Counseling
• Report Cards
District Lead Counselor
Red Ribbon Week
8th Grade Parent Night
College Night Coordinator
Junior/Senior Parent Night
College/Military Representative Contact
Dual Credit Liaison
Safe School Ambassadors
- Stephanie Jones (email), ext 6528
- Dara Rychcik (email), ext 6529
Red Ribbon Week
TBSI Core Team Member
Community Resource Liaison
- Carol Ross (email), ext 6530
504/Dyslexia Building Coordinator
- Kali Scheschuk (email), ext 6531
Safe School Ambassadors
- • In the counseling center the counselors advise students in appropriate high school course selections to prepare students for the proper career and/or college choices and provide information for scholarships.
• The counselors direct the special guidance services and work with the members of the administration and the teaching staff for the best interest of each individual student.
• Counselors are also available for personal, individual, group and crisis counseling. The student CARE team which helps identify students who are having difficulty in school is a program directed by the counselors.
Colleges, Scholarships, CareersNaviance Family Connection is a web-based service designed especially for students and parents. It is a comprehensive website that you can use to help in making decisions about colleges, scholarships and careers.
Naviance Family Connection will allow students and parents to:
- Get Involved in the Planning and Advising Process – Build a resume, complete on-line surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers; assist with high school planning by allowing students to create and manage four year plans.
- Research Careers – Naviance Family Connection offers the “Career Interest Profiler” as an on-line career interest assessment for students based on Holland’s interest codes. The “Do What You Are” feature begins with a personality inventory and concludes with a report describing the student’s personality type, potential careers, and related majors. The results link students directly to detailed career profiles, which include educational requirements, salary data, and in some cases even multimedia presentations. Students may also link directly to the college database to find colleges that offer an educational path to each career;
- Research Colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from our school for students who have applied and been admitted in the past;
- Apply for Scholarships – Check the most up-to-date list of scholarships that are on the local, state and national level.
NavianceUsername: Student’s 6-digit id# (123456)
Password: Student’s date of birth (MMDDYYYY)
Naviance link: https://connection.naviance.com/family-connection/auth/login/?hsid=friendswoodhs
- • What is Naviance?
• National Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month
- Secretary, ext. 6533
- Receptionist, ext. 6527
Please call the receptionist
281.482.3413, ext. 6527
to schedule an appointment
with a counselor.
- A student wishing to see a counselor may leave his/her name with the counselor's secretary. The student has the option of being sent for or the student may receive a permit from his/her teacher to go to the counselor's office.
- Transcripts can be requested from the Friendswood High School registrar's office, located in the Counseling Center. All requests must be in writing and all current students require a parent signature. A transcript request form is available in the Counseling Center or you may send a letter indicating your request. Letters should contain the following information:
* Printed name
* Previous name(s) (if applicable)
* Current address and telephone number
* Social Security number or student ID number
* Date of birth
* Approximate date of last attendance (graduation date)
* Whether the request is for an official or unofficial transcript
* Name, address, zip code of the receiver (if not a school) orName of school, city & state
Requests for transcripts can be mailed to:
Registrar, Friendswood High School
Friendswood, TX 77546
Each transcript requires a $2.00 payment for regular processing. Normal turnaround time is 3-5 days, although special requests are honored when possible. Should you have questions about your transcript, please contact the registrar's office during the hours of 8:00 am - 4 pm, Monday - Friday.
- The contents of student files are available, with the exception for anyone who attended (graduated) in 1999 or earlier. Please complete and mail the attached form. We will not be able to honor verbal requests.