Dear FISD Mustang Football Fans,
In preparation for the 2020 football season, the Friendswood High School Athletic Department would like to share some new information regarding ticket sales which will be impacted due to COVID guidelines and protocols set forth by the UIL. The Mustang Football schedule has been pushed back to accommodate these changes. The first home game of the season is October 2, 2020, at Henry Winston Stadium. Click here to view the full schedule.
The UIL has also mandated that the capacity at a high school stadium must be limited to 50% this season. As a result of the reduction in seating capacity, FISD will not issue season tickets for the 2020 football season.
For those who have already purchased season tickets, FISD will offer two choices for the 2020 season.
1. Donate the cost of your season tickets. If you would like to donate the cost of your season tickets to FISD, email Amy Roenne at [email protected] (including parking pass if purchased) no later than Friday, August 21, 2020.
2. Receive a Refund of the cost of your 2020 Season tickets (including parking if purchased). Refunds will be completed by August 31, 2020. Refunds will automatically be issued to those who do not wish to make a donation.
Tickets that were renewed for the 2020 season will be used for renewal for 2021.
Other items to note regarding the 2020 football season:
- All 2020 tickets at Henry Winston Stadium will be sold online only through http://www.friendswoodfootball.org/tickets.html (link will also be placed on the FISD Athletics webpage closer to the beginning of the season).
- Parents with a student participating in the event will be given a priority time slot to purchase tickets before tickets become available to the general public.
- All tickets will be $5.00 across the board. No District passes, gold cards, nor employee passes will be accepted.
- Monday @ 9 am – Participants’ parents & District pass holders will be able to purchase (4 ticket limit). Participants include football, band, drill, cheer and trainers. The link will be distributed by the Athletic Office each week to a point of contact to distribute to their individual groups.
- Tuesday @ 9 am – 2020 Season Ticket holders, FISD employees & FHS students will be able to purchase (2 ticket limit). This link will go live every Tuesday morning at 9 am.
- Wednesday @ 9 am – all tickets will go open to the public at no limit until sold out. Links will be at located at http://www.friendswoodfootball.org/tickets.html
- All home games will be streamed at http://www.friendswoodfootball.org/
- All games will be radio broadcasted on www.live365.com search “The Stang. There is also a Live365 app you can download to stream via your device.
- No shuttles will be running for home games.
- Parking will be first come, first served.
- Per the Governor’s Executive Order GA-29, face coverings must be worn at all times.
- Any individual who is confirmed to have, suspected of having, is experiencing symptoms of, or has been in close contact with an individual who has been confirmed to have COVID-19, must not enter the facility. A health survey will be required upon entry.
- Seating will only be allowed on every other row but will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Tickets will be sold on a weekly basis for each game.
- Tickets will not be sold at the gates on the night of football games this year at any stadium.
- Only participants will be allowed on the field prior, during, and after the game.
- Students younger than 6th grade will not be admitted without an adult. Students must remain in the stands during the game and will not be permitted to gather under the stadium.
The FHS Athletic Department and FISD thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. We are looking forward to kicking off the season on October 2, 2020. Go Mustangs!
Friendswood ISD, Director of Athletics