Friendswood Dive and Swim Results from Regional Meet (February 2 and 3)
The Friendswood Swim and Dive team competed this weekend at the Pearland Natatorium in the Region 6- 6A Regional Meet. Over 25 area schools and several hundred swimmers participate in this meet to qualify for State. The Mustang girls placed 7th overall and the Mustang boys took 3rd place in the region. The State finals are held February 16-17 at the University of Texas.
The automatic state qualifiers are those swimmers who finish in 1st or 2nd place at the regional meet.
Continuing onto the State competition are:
• Lily Ellis, earning 2nd place in diving.
• Olivia Theall, who earned 2nd in the 200 Individual Medley with a time of 2:05.26 and a 1st place finish in the 100 Butterfly with an All American time of 54.06 (new team record).
• The Boys 200 Yard Medley Team of Max Hardt, Peyton Davis, Josh Haffelder and Thomas McHenry automatically qualified for state with their 2nd place finish in a time of 1:35.91.
• Max Hardt received a call-up to the State finals for his 200 Individual Medley time of 1:52.48 (new team record) and in the 100 Breast Stroke with a time of 57.92.
• Olivia Theall was awarded Regional Female Athlete of the meet, which is based on the PowerPoints earned for her regional swims.
Coach John Little was awarded Boys Swim Coach of the Region