On November 21, and 22 FHS Thespian Troupe 1084 Competed at the State Level at the Texas Thespian State Festival in Grapevine, Texas.
8,026 Thespian Students attended and competed across three days of events.
Friendswood High School Theatre is happy to announce the results.
Our National Qualifiers are:
• Eric Jensen – Superior in Solo Acting/ National Qualifier
• Lauren Ballard and Emily Vu Superior in Duo – Musical Dance
• Taylor Campbell – Superior in Solo Musical Song/National Qualifier
• Taylor Greny – Superior in Solo Musical Song/National Qualifier
• Rylee Dever – Finalist in Make up Design/National Qualifier – Perfect Score
• Gabby Weakley – Superior in Technical Theatrical Design/National Qualifier
• Margaret Otto – Superior in Stage Management/National Qualifier
• Keana Jazdyk – Superior in Technical Theatre/National Qualifier
• Soleil Gignac – Superior in Theatrical Set Design
Nationals are held in June 2020.
Earning Excellent Ratings from Troupe 1084
Troupe Display for Troupe 1084
• Meg Dodson – Excellent in Short Film
• Chase Donovan – Excellent in Duo Acting
• Emma Ferro – Excellent in Group Acting
• Hayden Hobbs – Excellent in Group Acting
• Dean Galloway – Excellent in Group Acting
• Luke Johnstone – Excellent in Group Acting
• Balint Kidd – Excellent in Group Acting
• Thomas Massey – Excellent in Group Acting
• Maris Morgan – Excellent in Group Acting
• Tara Ryan – Excellent in Group Acting
• Skylynn Smith – Excellent in Group Acting
• Nelson Thornton – Excellent in Duo Acting
• Logan Tunnel – Excellent in Group Acting
• Olivia Beken – Excellent in Group Acting
• Ashley Campbell – Excellent in Group Acting
Improv Team of: Eric Jensen, Taylor Cambell and Taylor Greny, Logan Tunne, Chase Donovan, Nelson Thornton competed in the prelim rounds of the Improvisation challenge.
The Tech Team Challenge Team competed at the prelim rounds: Meg Dodson, Soleil Gignac, Gabby Weakely, Keana Jazdyk, James Nelson and Margaret Otto.
All students performed WHITE NOISE and received an overwhelming response after their performance and talk back session.
White Noise did not compete for a national slot but has been asked to consider entering the play marathon at Nationals in June. White Noise continues to move audiences.
Kathy Powdrell is the FHS Head Theatre Director.