Craig Sikkema, Natatorium Supervisor/Head Swim Coach
Nick Scmutz, Head Lifeguard
1115 Falling Leaf
Friendswood, TX 77546
FISD Aquatic Center
The Friendswood Aquatic Center, or Natatorium, opened in July of 2010.
• In 2007, the construction of the Natatorium was approved to be built after a successful bond election which had the natatorium on a separate ballot.
• For years, the award-winning swim team had to travel off campus to other high schools or to the city pool so that they could practice. They broke numerous records and yet did not have a pool of their own.
• After its opening in 2009, the swim team uses it for numerous practices every week as well as competitions. The FHS Swim Team is not the only group that uses the pool. Every week, there are aerobics classes at the pool along with several swim organizations and clubs that rent pool time. This helps to pay for maintenance.
• The team also raises money by selling commercial banners to put in the natatorium.
• For more information on advertising, contact Coach Craig Sikkema at [email protected]
• The Aquatic Center is located off of Falling Leaf and on Mustang Drive. It is adjacent to Friendswood High School and the football stadium.
• All patrons entering the facility during recreational/lap swim times are required to pay the facility admission fee, including swimmers, non swimmers and spectators, except those seated in the spectator area. Patrons should also sign in upon arrival and sign out before leaving.
• The rules and requests made by lifesaving personnel must always be followed.
• Walk; don’t run in the entire facility.
• No horseplay will be allowed in the entire facility.
• Children under seven years old or less than four feet tall must be accompanied by a parent or responsible person, in a swim suit, at all times including in the water, on the deck and in the restroom. While in the water, the parent or responsible person must remain within arms reach of the child.
• Children who are not toilet-trained and less than four years old will be allowed in the pool only if they wear a swim suit diaper or plastic pants and a swim suit. Cloth or disposable diapers are not accepted.
• Acceptable swim attire must be worn by patrons on the deck and in the water. Patrons with religious concerns regarding modesty may wear clean, covering garments that do not interfere with their safety in the water. Acceptable swim attire does not include cutoff shorts.
• Animals are not allowed in the building or pool area with the exception of service animals. Service animals are allowed on the deck and in the restrooms, but not in the water.
• Persons who appear to be under the influence of alcohol or other drugs will be denied admission.
• Patrons with open sores or obvious contagious skin problems or other contagious diseases will be denied use of the pool.
• No food, beverages (except water), gum or candy will be allowed in the facility.
• No glass items are allowed in the facility
• Smoking is not permitted on school property.
• Toys, flotation devices (water wings), snorkel and masks are not allowed unless part of an organized class or activity and U.S. Coast Guard approved. Use of all flotation devices must be approved by the Aquatics Coordinator.
• All patrons must shower before entering the pool. Persons with open cuts, sores, bandages, colds, coughs or infected eyes are not permitted in the pool.
• All children and adults who appear to have ample swimming skills must pass a swim test before entering deep water.
• Diving in areas marked “no diving”, back dives, somersaults, “cannon balls” from the side of the pool or any other unsafe activities are not permitted.
• Spitting, spouting or nose blowing in the pool is strictly prohibited.
• Emergency procedures must be observed. Swimmers must leave the pool area, or the Natatorium immediately upon the signal or request of the natatorium staff.
• Foul or abusive language will not be tolerated.
• A patron will be verbally warned for the first offense, the patron will be asked to leave the facility if a second offense occurs.
• The diving boards will only be used when under the direct supervision of natatorium staff or other qualified personnel.