If walls could talk.
No other group of buildings in FISD has as much history as those at 402 Laurel.
Built as the first school in FISD, the “old building” once housed 1-12 grades, the principal, and superintendent.
Today it is known as the Annex. Instead of letting it echo old memories of 7 and 8 grades of students, FISD has repurposed the main building with several support departments with the new Special Education Transition Center in the round building. The original 1948 hall became The Friendswood Schools Museum displaying artifacts donated by dedicated alumni.